I wanted to document some of the progress on the house since it will be exactly two months of construction and renovations this weekend. I can finally start to see the end of the madness! I have to admit, the whole renovation process wasn't nearly as stressful as I thought it would be. I credit it to a few things: 1) our contractor has been really great, 2) I've been incredibly organized, and 3) Rick and I have the same taste. There were probably 5 days total in the last two months where I either cried, called Rick screaming or wanted to strangle our contractor. 5 out of 60 days ain't bad, right?!?
Ok so here are a few before and "in progress" pics!
Entryway Before:
Entryway In Progress:
Really the railing is the major change here. But what a difference it makes!! Once the paint goes up (we are painting the ENTIRE house. Seriously.) it will have such an impact!
Kitchen Before:
We did a complete gut job of this kitchen. It has been so fun picking out all the finishes and appliances!
Kitchen In Progress:
This is our countertop and backsplash choices. They should be installed next week!
We are definitely cutting it close with the end of reno date and move in date, but I've just come to terms with the fact that we may move in while walls are still being painted or shower doors aren't installed yet. And I keep reminding myself how blessed we are to have been able to do all this work to make this our dream house, so in the grand scheme of things, these first world problems really aren't such a big deal.
Stay tuned for final reveals!
It all looks awesome so far! And I agree - a few bad days out of 60 is not bad at all. Way to hang in there! Cannot wait to see the after pics. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd. . . Cannot believe you only have 6 weeks to go until baby girl arrives. Where does the time go??
I'm not gonna lie- I've been wondering how it was going and anxious to see pics! It's looking wonderful! Can't wait to see more!!
ReplyDelete