A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Six Months of Deliciousness

Well, Teddie is six months old! I have no idea how this happened, but I know what happens next. I will blink, and she will be one. My plan? Take in every second of her baby-ness and eat it up.


She is SUCH a dream baby. Like really, so so good. She goes with the flow, rarely cries (unless I forget to feed her), and is happy to be my sidekick as we run Campbell around to school and activities. She's a great napper, and is finally figuring out the night sleep thing (with a little help from us!). She will doze for about 20-30 minutes in the car when we are running errands, but she takes solid 1-3 hour naps in her crib at home. (She's like her mama.. a homebody!) She is still waking up at least once a night, and we've let her cry a little recently and it's helped immensely. Now, if she wakes, she'll fuss for a few minutes and suck her thumb to get back to sleep. Right now, she's sleeping from about 6:30-5:30. I feed her at 5:30 and then she's back asleep for another hour or hour and a half.





Teddie is still a peanut. At her six month appt, she weighed in at 13 lbs 8 oz (5%ile) and was 25 in long (25-50%ile). She's gaining weight, which is all that matters in terms of her size. We tried some baby food last week, and it didn't go well. She doesn't hate it or protest, but she thrusts it out and really has no interest in the texture. We'll keep trying, but this girl just isn't a big eater. Never bass been and to be honest, I have NO idea where she gets this from. We are eaters in our family, so she better get with the program!



Teddie is a really smiley, happy baby. She LOVES Cam and giggles whenever he plays with her. I'm so thankful that she likes the car now because we spend a lot of our day in there! She is also very easy to leave with babysitters or family when I need some time to myself. I'm grateful for that! She loves her baths, loves to jump in her jumparoo, she's a big fan of kisses and being snuggled. She is not a fan of food, picking buggers out of her nose, or being startled.


This child has such a special place in my heart. She is such a doll and has made me a better person on so many levels. I often find myself sniffing her hair because I don't want to forget her baby smell. I love to caress her cheek because it's so soft and pudgy! I truly take in everything about her every day, because I know what happens now that she's six months old. I know that as soon as I blink, she's going to turn one and the "babyness" will start to fade. Cue the sappy tears...

I love this baby more than I ever imagined possible. My heart is so beyond full.


2 comments:

  1. I can tell how happy you are by reading these words. She is adorable. I, like you, am trying to soak in every single smell, noise, etc of Camilles. B/C I know how fast it goes!! One day we will wake up and boom. . . they both will be big kids and our babies will be gone. :( Praise God for our little beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures you have of her! She really does look like such a sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete