A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kraft Dinner

If you understand the meaning of the title of this post, you just earned mega points in my book. Explanation to follow....

It's cold out today. The sun didn't shine, my flowers are starting to wilt (surprise, surprise) and it just feels kinda blah. On top of which, I have a monster headache.

But, there are Friends reruns on and I have my comfy clothes on. Because Rick won't be home tonight for dinner, I'm on my own to come up with something to comfort my soul and fill my tummy. You know when you get something stuck in your head and it's all you want to do or eat or see? Well, this is what I decided today would make me feel better... at 4:30 pm...aka dinner time at The Mathews Retirement Home:



The funny part? My mom called before I decided to open this box of old-fashioned goodness and as we were chatting I told her that I just wanted to make some tonight for dinner. She laughed and said she was currently on her way to the grocery store to pick up a box because she had a craving for it, too! Oh, the mother-daughter bond.

So, why the blog title you (Americans) might ask? Growing up in the foreign land, our good ol' blue boxes of the cheesiest looked like this:


Kraft Dinner was a staple in our house. Seriously, by the time I was in middle school and was able to cook on my own... I swore I made the best Kraft Dinner of anyone in the house. My ratio of milk and fake butter to the powdery cheese was just perfect. I believe that's where my experimentation with cooking began.

So tonight, I indulged in the memories of my childhood and melted the yucky blues away with the cheesy goodness of the blue box. And, I have to say... this may have been my best batch yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment