A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

For Rick.

Though technically, you're not a dad yet, it seems only natural to wish you a happy father's day. I get so excited thinking about you as a dad. I have so many fears and doubts about parenthood, but the minute I start to panic, I picture you with our little peanut and instantly, a smile appears on my face.

I know what an amazing dad you're going to be for so many reasons. You don't have one selfish bone in your body. The sparkle in your eye when you come home to your little family. The excitement and energy that bursts out of your pores when you're around Elliott, Reid and Izzy. The love you are not afraid of to show to everyone around you...all the time. Honestly, I'm still not sure what I did to deserve you as my partner in life, but I am so grateful and excited to share this journey with you. I can't wait to watch you fall in love with our little turkey.

Cheers to you, Daddy-to-be!


And to our own dads and grandads -- Happy, happy father's day to you. Thank you all for setting examples of what it means to be great dads. We're so lucky to have you as role models and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment