One of the things I love most about summer (and there are too many to list!) is the energy and enthusiasm for cooking great meals that emerges from within. Something about the fresh summer produce, the smell of barbecues in the 'hood, and the sun staying out past 5 pm makes me itch to get in the kitchen.
While I generally try to cook at least three nights a week during the school year, I try my hardest to cook 5 nights a week during the summer. I have more time to plan meals and go to the grocery store. I am home and have more time to actually cook instead of spending my evenings in meetings or grading papers. Generally, it's just easier and way more fun to pretend I'm Betty Crocker from June-August.
Recently I came across this blog Gina's Skinny Recipes and have bookmarked at least twenty of her recipes. They all look so delicious and she even calculates the Weight Watchers points for those of you who are counting! Tonight, I attempted to make these and they turned out delicious. I used Vodka sauce instead of marinara because that's all I had on hand, but these will definitely make it on the Mathews rotation! Hope you find some recipes to try out this summer, too!
Oh, and if you're looking at the time stamp on this post -- no judgment. School's not out for 4 more days, so I'm allowed to eat the early bird special until Saturday. After that, you may judge away!
No comments:
Post a Comment