A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, March 22, 2013

I.W.A.B.

Y'all, I need your help. I have some serious baby fever. I Want Another Baby.

I mean I do, but I don't. I love the stage we are in right now. Things are so easy and fun and predictable. I love me some predictability. Cam makes me laugh constantly, he can tell me what he needs or wants, and I actually have time to pay attention to my husband these days. And I love that I only have one baby who needs my attention.

But, man, babies are cute. They're popping up everywhere, and every time I see one or get to snuggle one, my heart skips a beat. I suddenly forget about the horrendous reflux and 20-hour-a-day screaming sessions. I forget how showering was a luxury and eating anything all day was on a "to-do" list.

So then I try to re-read my early blog posts, sift through texts and pictures of Cam puking everywhere and ask Rick to remind me how utterly exhausted I was this time last year. Then I browse Pinterest and see all these cute baby pictures and nursery ideas. I hear my friends gabbing away about the latest and greatest baby items they're putting on their registries. And I start thinking about baby names and baby snuggle sessions and little baby toes and the newborn smell. Oh, the newborn smell. It's a vicious cycle I tell ya.

Help. Because I.W.A.B. but I don't think I'm ready! Am I?!?!

I mean, I make cute babies, right?!
So I really should do society a favor and keep up the good work!
Right!?

6 comments:

  1. Me too! :) I had it bad when Durham started walking and talking... Two is busier and different, harder and better, a whole mix f things! The second time around was (for me) SO much easier, it was the 2-3 year old that tired me the most. They are 25 months apart so there was a period of two cribs and two in diapers, but now they really have fun together and are more "the kids" rather than one much older and a baby. Whatever you decide will e best for your family... But there's never a *perfect* time, bank account, age, house, etc for another baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO. And I keep going back and forth too! Honestly if I could just skip those first four weeks that just kiillleed me with exhaustion and just feeling so overwhelmed with Mace.....I wouldn't even hesitate! Like above said.....there is never a perfect time.....so whatever you decide will work out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right! Totally right! So what are ya waiting for??? :)

    I am lol at Sally's comment about skipping the first four weeks. Um for my next baby, can I just skip the first 6 months???? ohmygoshclarawascrazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I think I'd like to skip the first 8 months if I have another reflux baby. Oh geez!

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you! I've had baby fever off and on since Mya was about 3 months old. Crazy right?!

    ReplyDelete