A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Around Here

Well, let's get to it. What's going on around here?

If I were a superhero, I'd call myself Rash Blaster. Yup, we have officially conquered the nearly two month battle with the worst diaper rash ever. What started as a little diaper rash, then turned into a possible amoxicillin allergy, morphed into Fifth's Disease and finally landed us a diagnosis of eczema, has been obliterated. Cam's tush is clear, and I feel like I can breathe.

And he is one happy little boy.



Maizey, on the other hand, was sick all weekend and after a very expensive vet bill yesterday, we still aren't positive what's wrong with her. Possibly a parasite, possibly an obstruction, possibly Cam just fed her something. We'll know more later today. If it's not one baby, it's another!

I'm making Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it is.

I'm reading Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan for book club. I'm just in the beginning, but so far it's interesting.



Looking forward to a quick visit from my dad this weekend, a long visit from my mother-in-law next week, a wedding reunion with my college crew, and a sunny getaway to Florida for Passover to visit my grandparents. Can't wait for Campbell to experience the beach for the first time! 

Oh, and, remember my post back here about my strange continued encounter with the number 22 and its significance? Well check out the deli ticket number we pulled at the grocery store on Sunday! 



3 comments:

  1. Just read back your other 22 post....WOW! Totally a message in there somewhere. So crazy.

    We are also looking forward to Florida soon! I have in my mind the perfect pictures we'll get of Mace's first beach experience.....HA! I'm sure it won't work out quite as perfectly in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Cam's superhuman diaper rash has kicked the bucket. We battled a bad case, but nothing like yours! Poor little baby bums.
    Woah - read the "2" post. That's NUTS! I love the idea of 2 encouraging faith; I will most certainly remember that when I come across a 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad Cam's diaper rash is gone! Geez - that is no fun for him OR you! Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete