A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Go Blue!

You guessed it... it's a BOY! Rick and I spent the afternoon at the doctor today and we have a perfectly healthy (and kinda stubborn) little boy! He made it tough for the tech to do her job and get all the shots she needed, but in the end it was determined that he is indeed a boy and weighs about 12 ounces right now! Rick screamed and shouted, and I cried... par for the course.

We came home to feed the pup, and Rick poured himself a cocktail to toast to the next Michigan quarterback (and the first ever vertically-challenged, Jewish one for that matter)...


We then headed out to dinner (baby was hungry!) On our way, we stopped at Target to buy baby boy his first outfit...




This morning, Rick and I decided that if it turned out to be a girl, we would go to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Rose Angelis. If it was a boy, we'd do Mexican at Uncle Julio's. All day, Rick kept telling me, "I really, truly don't care if it's a boy or girl... but I'm soo craving Mexican!" Low and behold, he got his queso and cerveza! We enjoyed a very giddy dinner out talking about baby names and the adventures of parenting a boy...


And when we came home from dinner, we were surprised to find a little package at the door waiting for us...


And inside we found the sweetest card, beautiful flowers and my most favorite cupcakes in all of Chicago (with blue frosting, of course!)

 We are so lucky to have such thoughtful and caring friends who are just as excited about the beginning of our new family as we are. Thank you, Adrienne and Chris for satisfying our sweet tooth and loving us so much.



Yay for little boys!

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! SO excited for you guys and your vertically challenges Jewish Michigan quarterback (made me laugh out loud!) Lots of love to that boy and your family! I can only imagine the phone call to your dad :)

    ReplyDelete