Rick and I made a last minute decision to visit his parents up north this weekend. We realized that our ability to go up north will soon be much more of a challenge once this summer is over, and we wanted to take advantage of spending some quality time with the grandparents-to-be (though technically they already have two fantastic grandsons!) We arrived at the cabin on Saturday afternoon and spent most of the weekend relaxing outside, watching the dogs play, reading books and catching up on our time apart from each other for the past several months. Because I can't take my insane cocktail of allergy and asthma medications, I stayed out of the cabin for the weekend enjoying the sunshine. It was truly a fantastic weekend spent with family.
To celebrate the Fourth, Rick and I picked up some fireworks in Indiana on our drive up to the cabin. Rick was like a kid in a candy store.
 |
| All the goodies we bought! |
We waited for the sun to set by building a fire and making smores. Rick even got to use his boy scout skills and widdled down sticks for us to use! (I was quite impressed... the closest experience I have had, or would like to have, to Girl Scouts is going to summer camp which hardly qualifies as roughing it considering I managed to straighten my hair there each day!)
When the sun started to go down on the lake, Rick fired up his magic.
| |
|
| Impressive, right? |
We will definitely remember this Fourth of July for a long time, and look forward to many more to come Up North!
No comments:
Post a Comment