A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, August 15, 2011

Austin Fun and a Sneak Peek!

What a weekend we had in Austin! Adrienne and I flew down on Thursday evening ready to enjoy our last weekend of Summer, celebrate Baby M, and frolic around Austin with Mom and Ashley. We also partook in a food marathon as expected when visiting Austin. We started with a visit to Thundercloud on Friday, which has been preciously renamed by Ms. West as Torpedocloud.

We then took a drive down 6th Street in search of a hot sauce restaurant I had heard of called Tears of Joy. For those who like hot sauce, this place is a mecca. There was every type of hot sauce you could imagine and some you wouldn't believe existed! We left with some loot in hand and headed home to get our swim on!


The main event took place on Saturday, and I really don't have enough words (or pictures... thanks to Maizey who ate my camera today!!) to describe the lengths Fancy went to in order to make me and her guests feel so special. The house was drenched in blue, and the attention to detail was beyond anything I had seen. Here are the few pictures I do have (on top of Maizey thinking my camera was her breakfast, my phone also broke this weekend and upon updating it last night, I lost many pictures).

The dessert table and infamous diaper cake!



Little onesie cakes!

Auntie Ashley loves her nephew


Awkwardly opening presents

Some more awkwardness
 



 Everyone left with a coffee mug and mini-coffee beans that said "Baby is Brewing." Doesn't get much cuter!

Mom, thank you for hosting such a love-filled, over-the-top celebration. It was so much fun to be able to mingle with friends, gush about baby boys and eat our hearts out. You truly have a gift when it comes to entertaining and you hit this one out of the park!



Today, I had a doctor's appointment for a study I am participating in and they performed a 3D ultrasound. I got a little sneak peek at the little guy, and found out he is still a boy (phew!) and weighs exactly 2 pounds, which puts him at the 66% right now. I can't decide if the 3D pictures are creepy or cool, so you decide!











No comments:

Post a Comment