A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Stuff!

This weekend I'll be 24 weeks pregnant. 6 months!! It's so crazy to think that in nearly 100 days, our little peanut will be here. As many of you know, I'm a bit of a control freak/anxiety-ridden over-planner. Needless to say, I think my craziness has come in handy as a pregnant lady. You really have to think ahead when you're having a baby. Did you know it can take 3 months to receive a crib or rocking chair after ordering it?? And, all the cute bedding is back ordered until September! Well, good thing this mama has some time on her hands...and control issues :)

A few weeks ago, Mama and Papa so graciously bought Baby M his crib and dresser. The little guy isn't even here yet and he's already spoiled rotten! He's one lucky duck to be part of this family... he has no idea how much he is loved already. Here's what the crib will look like, even though it won't arrive until October:

Nanny and Pop Pop (aka Lynne and Jim) also overdid themselves and granted our wish of a brand new rocking chair to put in the nursery. It looks something like this (though we ordered it with a gray cushion, not pink!) We know we will be spending many hours rocking the little guy in this glider, and we'll think of Nanny and Pop Pop each time we do.

 
Finally, I recently ordered Julio's bedding along with a matching valance for the window and changing pad cover. I really struggled to find something that I loved. I'm not into animal/sports/tree themes, and I felt like blue is so predictable. While green isn't necessary unique or cutting edge, it felt a little different to me and this set screamed "masculinely shabby chic." (Yup, I just invented the word masculinely). I'm excited to see it all come together, and will obviously share the final results as soon as it's complete!


In the meantime, I'm preparing myself and our house for the influx of "stuff" we are about to acquire. You have no idea how many baby products there are today that "you can't live without!" Luckily for me, I have a sister who has been down this road before and is more than willing to guide me through the overwhelming list of things to buy and let me borrow the ones I'm just not sure I want to commit to.

Fancy's hosting a shower for me next weekend. Yes, she already has the house decorated, menu set, and I actually think she's waiting at the airport right now for our arrival next Thursday :) I am beyond excited to celebrate this little baby and spend some quality time with friends and family in the scorching 110 degree weather :) I am embracing the inevitable Baby Stuff Storm 2011 and have to admit, I'm a bit giddy about it. Whoa, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment