A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Light

I can see it. It's dim, but I am finally getting a glimpse of the light at the end of this reflux tunnel.

I'm rocking Cam to sleep as I write this on my iPhone. Tonight is the 5th night he has gone to sleep without a fight. The 5th night he's snoring in my arms without waking to cough, spit, choke or cry. It's the 5th night I feel a glimmer of hope that my baby is finding peace and comfort in his sleeping hours.

Last night, he slept from 6:30 pm-4 am. I never ever thought that day would come. It may have been a fluke, but he did it.

He's waking up in the mornings with a smile on his face and squeals with delight until I unwrap him from his swaddle. His naps are no longer 10 minutes long. He still struggles to put himself back to sleep during the day.

I just can't help but sit here and smile. I could go put him in his cradle right now but I don't want to. I know not every night will be like this, so for right now I'm enjoying the quiet snuggle.

The light is getting brighter by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment