A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, March 26, 2012

Feeling Inspired

Now that Campbell is a sleeping super star, I've found myself with time to accomplish things around the house. I spent last week cleaning and organizing closets, pantries, drawers, the fridge, freezer and so much more! By the end of the week, I gave myself permission to sit down while Cam napped one afternoon and I joined Pinterest. If you haven't joined yet or don't know what it's about, it is essentially a website where you can collect ideas and inspiration for your home, style, kids, and really anything you can think of. I have been browsing and "pinning" for a couple of days now and got bit by the crafty bug. My brain started swarming with ideas to re-do every inch of our house. I feel inspired to organize and create, and it feels good! I got a little out of control with showing Rick all my ideas this weekend, and  he has quickly decided he does not like Pinterest.

Well today, Cam and I went to the craft store and picked up a few things for my first project. I've been wanting to re-do our bedroom for a long time. I've never LOVED how it looked. We still don't have a bed frame, our drapes are really cheap (and cheap looking), and we've had either a dog crate or Pack n Play in one corner for the last two years! So, this was the first room I wanted to start to spruce up.

Last week, Rick made a comment that he thought we needed a new duvet cover because Maizey had really roughed ours up. He didn't realize his comment would lead me to run to West Elm where I've been eyeing a duvet cover for a while now: 


 Since we still don't have a bed frame, (anniversary present perhaps?!), I wanted to put something on the all above the bed to simulate a headboard of sorts. So I picked up some fabric, three 12x12 pieces of plywood and a staple gun and came up with this:




I'm thinking I may even add another row of three. I have to sleep on it :)

I used some extra fabric to cover an old pillow that Maizey destroyed... I need to actually hem it together, but I just wanted to see how it would look, and I think it goes nicely with the bedding!

 
I'm fairly pleased with how the bedroom is coming together. It's such a nice retreat now that Cam is sleeping in his own room!

No comments:

Post a Comment