One of my besties from college came to town to celebrate our old roomie, Becca, the bachelorette!
Campbell fell ill with a double ear infection at the end of January and was prescribed Amoxicillin to remedy it. Twenty-four hours later, during a music class, I noticed a rash all over his trunk and immediately took him into the doctor assuming it was an allergic reaction (because if you know me well, you know I am allergic to penicillin and everything else, too). It was not an allergic rash, and he was diagnosed with a little virus. Next day the rash was gone and his ears were better so this momma was happy.
The following week, he had his well-check at the doctor, and he looked great. Two days later, the day before Valentine's Day, he woke up with the most horrendous rash I'd ever seen. All over his body, his cheeks, his ears. Everywhere. It was hot to the touch and he looked awful. Back to the doctor for another diagnosis of a viral rash (later determined to be Fifths Disease or Slapped Cheek). We had to cancel his Valentine's Party for his buddies, and we stayed inside.
![]() |
| Soon his whole body was the same color as his cheeks. |
![]() |
| By V-Day he was already much better! |
He has learned to open the microwave, which has provided countless hours of entertainment, and he's been carrying around his Valentine "man bag" that Nanny sent him.
And the next day, as awful timing as it could have been, Rick and I took off for Snowmass for five days of skiing, spa-ing, and rekindling.
Luckily, Mr. C was in great hands with Mimi and Auntie Candy. Thank you both for taking such good care of my baby!
And then we came late Tuesday night, and when Cam woke up the next morning (at 5:45, crying which is so unlike him) I knew I was in for quite a day. I took him back to the doctor because his diaper rash that we've been battling for a month had grown worse and look infected. Indeed it is and we are currently using every cream, ointment, lotion and potion to try to tame this beast.
I can also feel four molars coming in...all at the same time!! Seriously!?! So you can imagine what our day today has been like.
Nevertheless, that's where we stand. A little cranky...Cam more so than me. A little tired...me more so than Cam. But still really stinking cute...
![]() |
| New favorite car pastime -- pulling out the Kleenex one by one. |
Here's a little video of his favorite new activity... spinning in circles. He thinks it's the funniest thing since Friends.












So sad Cam is having such a rough time. . . but so glad you got to have a getaway with your man! :) Hang in there and have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete