Battling: a double ear infection and nasty yeast rash (Campbell, not me!). Since Cam refuses to take his antibiotics or sit still long enough for me to slather his body with ointment, our progress is slow.
Cooking: I made these pulled chicken sandwiches (you guessed it... in my Crock Pot!) for our Super Bowl party on Sunday. They were a hit!
Reading: Behind the Beautiful Forevers (Book Club #1 book) and Beautiful Ruins (Book Club #2) book. Yes, I'm in two book clubs with two different groups of friends and no, I don't generally read two books at once. But, our "meetings" (I use that term very loosely!) fall three days apart and I'm in a pickle. I'm not hooked on either one yet, but I'm hoping I'll get there.
Watching: Girls. Rick and I finished Homeland and I mourned it for a couple of days. So now I'm looking for other shows to get into, and thinking Downton Abbey may be next on my list. For now, Girls is making me laugh.
Planning: oh man we have a lot going on in the next six weeks. A bachelorette party this weekend, Campbell's Valentine's Party next week, a trip to Aspen (just me and the hubs!!), a short trip to Austin, a wedding I'm standing up in, and a trip to Florida for Passover. It's making my head spin, but it's all happy celebrations so I can't complain.
Wondering: how my little munchkin is possibly going to be fifteen months old on Saturday. He's such a little man now it's unbelievable. Rick and I were trying to count how many words he says last night just out of curiosity and we couldn't. We think it's probably around 25 but every day he says something else and I'm losing count.
We have so much to look forward to, and I'm trying to focus on all that good stuff when I want to cry from trying to force Amoxicillin down Campbell's throat twice a day. I know his illness and strong will are peanuts compared to so many others' problems, so I really am trying not to stress about it. Oh am I thankful for his overall health and happiness. Focus on the good stuff, Gill,...focus on the good stuff.
| Baby Boy ate Goldfish and wore his jambes all day yesterday. Whatever makes him happy. |
Love days spent in jammies!! And starting to talk just amazes me....so mind-boggling how kids pick up every little thing. Not sure I'll be ready for that stage when we get there!!
ReplyDeletePoor Cam. Clara was in pj's all day yesterday too. She is super congested, awful dry cough, can't breathe, etc etc. Poor kiddos!!
ReplyDeleteWe just recovered from an ear infection last week, and RSV a few weeks before that. Can we just get over the sickness season please? Hope the little man gets to feeling better soon!
ReplyDeletehttp://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com