First, the little mister is officially potty trained. It happened really quickly and unexpectedly, and it's gone so much smoother than I ever imagined. Many of Cam's friends have started wearing underwear and after spending a week up north with his older cousins, Cam came home very interested in the potty. He told me he wanted to wear underwear and after a few days of resisting, I finally took him to Target and he picked out some adorable little undies that make his tush look so delicious. I seriously squeeze it all day long. The first day, he had two accidents but was so motivated to pee all day long. He wanted those M&Ms! Second day, he had one accident, but was more resistant to going. It's been over a week and a half now, and he's had two accidents (only pee). He's really good about holding it in when he needs to (car rides, trips to the store, etc) and really good about just going to the bathroom when he feels he needs to. I'm so impressed. And I do not miss those diapers!
Day 1: Pottying outside and scooting in our underwear!
On the baby front, we've hit a serious sleep regression here. Teddie is almost 5 months old, and after traveling to NYC, a cold and the dreaded 4 month growth/leap I have heard about, we have entered what feels like the newborn days of sleep. I'm talking waking up every three hours to eat. Then, it turned into waking up every hour to be soothed. That lasted about 4 nights before we were losing our minds. We tried a little sleep training, and it worked in helping her fall asleep right away. Her problem is staying asleep. It's been pretty brutal, not gonna lie, but I do know this is temporary. I know she won't be waking up every three hours forever. I know this. (I wrote this a few weeks ago, since then we took a break from sleep training and started again last night. It went better, and hopefully she'll get the message in the next few nights. Her napping is still great and she still falls asleep right away, so I'm thankful for that!)
We tried the Magic Merlin Suit... it didn't do much. So now we've moved onto the one arm swaddle in the crib. It's working much better. (We moved her from the Rock N Play to the crib about two weeks ago as she is way more mobile than Cam ever was a this age and it was becoming unsafe!)
So, I just dress her in really cute PJs (courtesy of Mimi) and hope she enjoys looking fashionable while she cries it out.
Thank goodness these babies are so cute, it really makes it all worth it when they flash you those smiles.
A few other firsts to document:
1. Cam's first nap in our bed. Ever.
He's a creature of habit and loves his crib and his sleep sack, so this was monumental. I really enjoyed cuddling with him and he slept really well. Don't be fooled... we went straight back to the crib the next day. I am not ready for a big boy bed!
2. Teddie's first dip in the pool! The weather has not cooperated with us this Summer and I feel like we missed out on some good pool days. But we finally got in the water and had a blast!
I still can't believe it's almost been 5 months of life with two. It's flying too fast for my liking, and I'm already talking about wanting another one. What's wrong with me!?!?
Love the update!! Way to go Cam on the potty training!
ReplyDeleteHoping Teddie's sleep gets back to normal soon! I love your comment about her being fashionable while she cries it out. ha!