Day 2 of bed rest has turned out to be a pretty exciting day. I went in for my marathon appointment today at the doctor and came home with lots of information. So here it goes:
1. Baby M is measuring in the 77th percentile at 5 lbs 12 oz! We have a big boy on our hands.
2. He seems to have a big belly and short legs...hmmm....
3. He's growing well and the doc was pleased with all of his measurements
4. My blood pressure was at an all time low! Rock that!
And for the most exciting part... barring any emergencies, we are scheduled to be induced November 7 or 8 (depending on the hospital's availability). It's so surreal to think that in 3 weeks our little man will be here!
The ultrasound tech had just received a new machine today and asked if I'd be her guinea pig. Um okay! So I got an extra long look at him and she took some pretty cool 3D shots. Here's one of him kind of smiling:
He still has the smushy nose similar to mine as a newborn. I'm so excited to see what he looks like in person!
The doctor also clarified a little bit about my bed rest restrictions. She said she wanted me to walk around and not be a couch potato, but that I should not be doing anything strenuous or that requires a lot of exertion. The goal of bed rest right now is to keep calm and relaxed so my blood pressure remains low on the medication I am taking.
So.... when I got home I felt a wave of anxious energy come upon me and what did I do?? I baked. I found this recipe online yesterday as I was bored at home and it looked delicious. The cookies are currently in the oven so I don't have pictures yet, but I'm pretty sure they'll be awesome.
I guess the countdown is on!
No comments:
Post a Comment