A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, November 4, 2011

Lasts

Since finding out this week that we will be having our baby on Wednesday!!, it has occurred to me that a lot of my normal routines and day-to-day happenings will be my last as a single, responsibility-free person. I cried in bed Tuesday night when my two girlfriends left my house from a wonderful visit thinking that would be the last time I would ever hang out with them again without worrying about a baby or needing to excuse myself to call home and check on said baby. While watching Grey's last night (yes I still watch that) my mom said, "you know, next time you watch Grey's you'll be holding your son, too!"And, this morning I had my last doctor's appointment. I felt like I was graduating as the receptionists and nurses all congratulated me in advance and looked surprised when I told them they wouldn't be seeing me again next week.

It all seems so final. I know this is the end of a significant chapter in our life as a married couple, but I also get butterflies of excitement thinking about the new chapter that's about to begin. The emotions I feel about becoming a mom in five days are overwhelming -- elated, scared, sad, but mostly serious excitement.

This weekend, we will celebrate our last weekend as a family of two. We will go on our last date without needing to hire a babysitter. We'll watch the Michigan football game with friends and not worry that we are going to wake up a napping little boy. And, we'll soak up every minute of each other knowing for the rest of our lives, we will have to share the overwhelming love we have for each other with something greater than we can even imagine.

The time is here and I can hardly believe it. Stay tuned for the main event!

No comments:

Post a Comment