A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble Gobble!

I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday and always has been. I love that it's the one time a year our entire family gets together under one roof. I love our family traditions (who wouldn't love wearing their pajamas all day, giving left overs to the homeless, and watching the parade together?). And of course, the food is to die for. Imagine my dilemma when I realized my Thanksgiving in Austin this year would no longer be because I was supposed to be 9 months pregnant! Well, the family came through and the whole gang came to Chicago to celebrate the holiday this year. They braved the cold, traveled from afar and while we missed Mama and Papa (hope you're feeling better Papa!!) our Thanksgiving turned out to be one of the best yet... mostly because we had a new family member!

Cam's first Thanksgiving was perfect... mostly. An ER visit (Mom's second kidney stone came at a quite convenient time!), Cam's first night of screaming bloody murder all night long, and some less than perfect weather aside... it was perfect. Campbell got some serious quality time with his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin Izzy. He was spoiled with presents, love and cuddles for 5 days straight. His parents were even spoiled with two nights of restful sleep as Mimi, Ashley and Candy took over night duty!











 We are also so thankful for lots of visitors!




There is so much to be thankful for this year. Having a new baby makes you ooze with thanks. I'm so grateful for the immense support system Rick and I have. When they say, "it takes a village", they're not kidding. I am so grateful to have a sweet little baby who is healthy and happy. He brings more joy to our lives than I could have ever imagined. I'm thankful for a husband who isn't just helpful with taking care of his son, he radiates with happiness when he's holding him, changing him and feeding him. One of the things I was most looking forward to when Cam arrived was watching Rick as a dad. I had this vision of what he would be like, but my expectations were blown out of the water. Rick is a complete natural, and I fall in love with him more every day that I watch him bond with our little boy.





And, today, November 27 is another momentous day. Today was Campbell's due date. I can't imagine having to wait this long to meet him, and I'm so grateful he arrived when he did. These last two and a half weeks have been completely overwhelming in so many ways, but it's already hard to remember what life was like before him.


Happy Due Date Day, sweet boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment