Dear Campbell,
Can you believe it? You're three months old today! This last month has gone by so fast, and you have grown so much. You don't have a monthly check up this month with the doctor, so I don't know your official weight and height, but I got on the scale with you today and my very unscientific measurements say you are 15 1/2 pounds! You can certainly tell that your cheeks, thighs and arms are filling out. You are so cute!
This month you started to do so many new things. You discovered your hands and love to put them in your mouth. You also started to try and put blankets and burp cloths in your mouth as well.
You have been a smiling machine this month. It's so fun to watch you giggle and coo at us and the special toys that you love. You love anything that lights up and plays music... mostly the musical star that Mimi gave you in Austin!
Your grin melts our hearts and it never gets old.
You have been much more alert this month. You play with other babies by kicking and smiling at them. You also love to flirt with the ladies! You have had so much fun seeing your cousin Izzy so much this month, too!
You still love story time. Your favorite book this month is a crinkly book that Mimi bought you called Funny Feet. It's about four pages long, but you never get tired of it!
Your head control is fantastic, Cam. In fact, yesterday, you sat up in your Bumbo chair for the first time and you loved it. I think you really like being upright and I bet you'll be sitting up soon!
This month, I made a very important decision to not return to work and stay home with you full time. The decision was hard because I didn't want to disappoint my coworkers and friends, but it was so obvious that it was the right thing for us. I have loved every minute of rocking you, feeding you, changing you and playing with you. I feel so lucky that I get to be the one who watches you grow up and teaches you new things each day. How fun that we get to spend the rest of your childhood days together! I love you so much and am so blessed to call you my little munchkin.
Love always,
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment