A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rock On

Cam and I have spent countless hours rocking in his rocking chair. We've rocked and rocked till we were both in tears. For the first six weeks or so of Cam's life, I found myself getting more frustrated at the amount of time I spent trying to calm him down than I did appreciating the time we were spending together. I was exhausted, and he was exhausted.


Sometime over the last month, those feelings melted like the Chicago snow. I spent two hours rocking my stuffy-nosed baby this morning and spent the majority of the time staring at his sweet face. I stroked his cheeks and held him tight, kissed his nose and cheeks and ears. I soaked him up as I have over the last few weeks because it's already so clear that time is flying by way too fast.

Some people shake their heads at using "crutches" like rocking a baby to sleep. I may have created a bad habit and we may have a long road ahead of teaching Cam to go to sleep on his own, but for now, I am cherishing each moment I have snuggling with my sweet boy who some day won't want his Mommy to kiss and hold him anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment