A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Warming Up

These two are starting to warm up to each other.


It's taken a while for Cam to notice Maizey, but now that he does, he stares at her longer and seems very curious at the furry creature running around his house.

Maizey on the other hand realized Cam's presence very quickly. She's been so sweet with him from the beginning. She loves to sit next to us when he's eating, she runs quickly when she hears him crying, and she's been very protective of him and our home since he's arrived. (The barking leaves something to be desired, but I'm trying to see the positive side of this!)

One of Maizey's more disgusting habits is licking up "Cam Juice" Our little puking monkey seems to leave his "juice" all over us, himself and our floors. It's impossible to keep up with all the laundry and cleaning when every ten minutes there's another outfit to change or pile of puke to clean up. Maizey has quickly realized that Cam's unfortunate habit results in a treat for her.

Rick and I noticed over the last couple of days that every time we begin burping Cam, Maizey comes running into whichever room we are in and waits patiently. She's waiting for her snack! How funny and how smart of our pup! While it grosses me out, I'm sort of appreciative of her assistance. My mop has appreciated the break as well :)

I know soon, these two will become the best of friends. I'm excited to watch Cam interact with Maizey and discover the joy (and occasional frustration!) that a dog brings to your life. I'm excited that soon Maizey will have a new playmate to throw her balls and chase her around. In the meantime, enjoy the juice Maize!

No comments:

Post a Comment