A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, May 13, 2012

It Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

You know how celebrities always respond to interview questions by saying, "I'm just doing what I love. I feel so blessed to be able to do what I'm passionate about every day"? Well, I've always been envious of them for that. Although I enjoyed teaching third graders every day and listening to their funny stories and watching them grow up, I never woke up with an enthusiasm about going to work. I didn't jump out of bed and kick my feet in the air and whistle on my way to work. I know it sounds bad, but I'm just being honest.

My how things have changed. For the first time in my life, I feel like I am doing EXACTLY what I was meant to be doing: taking care of my sweet baby boy. And today, being celebrated for doing what I love to do, seemed strange. Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in and having breakfast made for me. I love my new Kindle and cherished every moment of family time today. But, like Angelina, Jennifer, and Julia... I'm just so grateful to be doing what I love. And that is the best present of all.

Here are some pictures from our very special day. Life is good.









No comments:

Post a Comment