5:00 am -- Cam poops and wakes up squealing and talking. We think he's saying, "Come on people... I don't want to sit in this any longer!" We change him. He may or may not nod off again.
6:30 am -- Wake up for the whole clan. Cam gets a bottle. Then pukes.
We then keep Rick company while he gets ready for work and then we go upstairs, make a pot of coffee, and play with toys and turn on the Today Show to see what Matt Lauer is up to!
8:15-8:30 am -- nap #1. Cam goes to sleep and I kick it into high gear. I find myself most productive during this first nap. My routine is to make our bed, get dressed, put in one load of laundry, empty the dishwasher, sweep the floors, tidy up any messes. Then I pick one major chore/project to complete (vacuuming, clean the bathrooms, organize the pantry, clean out the fridge, etc.) and by the time I"m done, Cam is waking up and ready to play!
9:30-10:00 am - Cam wakes up. We get him dressed and play for a bit in his room. I usually put away any of his clean laundry at this point or tidy up his room while he entertains himself.
10:00 am -- Cam gets a bottle. Then pukes.
After this bottle is when we usually run any errands we may have. We make a weekly trip to Target (sometimes bi-weekly!) or we will go grocery shopping or return any items I impulsively bought online.
11:30-1:00 -- nap #2 -- I like to catch up on email, Pinterest, eat something and then tidy up a bit of the mess Cam and I created in the morning.
1:00 -- wake up, eat, puke
1:30-3:00 -- Normally we do our Mommy and Me class at this time, or we have a play date or go to the park if it's really nice out!
3:00-3:30 -- cat nap (though this seems to be phasing out...)
3:30-6 -- Cam gets a snack bottle. Then pukes. We then take our daily walk/visit to the park. We usually walk for about an hour, then come home and do some wind-down activities. And then we start bath and bedtime routine...
Of course, our schedule changes with travel, visitors, illness, teething, growth spurts, sleep training, reflux flare ups, doctor visits, and more. So really, our schedule isn't much of a schedule at all. :)
![]() |
| Look at those cheeks! And, I swear he's not a red head! |
UPDATE: I wrote this post a few days ago, and was going to publish it this morning. Turns out Cam's whole schedule is changing as we speak.. I think he's ready to drop to 2 naps as the morning one is getting longer and the late afternoon one is hit or miss. This kid loves to throw me through a loop!

No comments:
Post a Comment