I decided to use it Tuesday night for the first time. I made Mac n Cheese (it was birthday night and I'm pretty sure calories don't count on your birthday)! The recipe wasn't too complicated, though I fidgeted with it a bit (I added some different cheeses and spices because the comments said it was sort of bland). I would give this one an 8 out of 10. It was really indulgent, cheesy and gooey. I had a little bit of curdling with the milk, but not terrible. It was total comfort food.
![]() |
| Photo credit |
For dinner tonight, we've go this pesto chicken on the menu. Looks super easy and flavorful.
![]() |
| Photo courtesy of Picky Palate |
I've also ordered these liners which I've heard are a life saver and am hoping they arrive in time for today's prep work.
So far, I'm loving the simplicity of dumping ingredients in a contraption and it cooking a meal for you. It's really nice to have dinner ready after we put Cam to bed instead of me having to finish cooking dinner. Gives us more time to be together in the evening and watch episodes of Homeland (because yes, my amazing husband ordered Showtime for me as a birthday surprise)!
Do you have any favorite Crock Pot recipes?? Leave me a comment with some ideas!


Happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day!!
ReplyDeleteI am just now starting to utilize my crock pot. We made crock pot enchiladas the other day and they were great! I'll send you the recipe. :)
Thanks for the bday wishes. And please do send the recipe! Sounds yum :)
ReplyDeletedulce de leche!!! it's a crowd pleaser and amazingly easy. take a clean, undented can(s) of sweetened condensed milk (labe off) and place it in a crock pot of water. the can(s) should be completely submerged. turn on the crock pot at the 10hour setting, cover, and let it go! after the 10 hours, you'll have delicious dulce de leche to use on whatever - bread, ice cream, frosting, whatever! enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is chicken thighs with a jar of green salsa! Low for 4-6 hrs. Instant taco filling or "burrito bowl" filling! I also love to browse www.crockpot365.blogspot.com she cooks everything in her slow cooker!
ReplyDeleteI am obsessed with my slow cooker - here are a few faves at our house:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/12/slow-cooker-italian-beef.html
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-slow-cooker-chicken-barbecue/detail.aspx
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cousin-davids-slow-cooker-brisket/detail.aspx