Football season is here! Which means a few things... namely, the Mathewses are booked on Saturdays and Sundays (and Monday nights and Thursday nights when games are on). Fantasy football has started, our Michigan wear has come out of storage, and Maizey's been showing off her Michigan collar with pride!
This weekend, we headed up to Ann Arbor for our one and only live game of the season. We headed up early Friday to spend some time with Lynne and Jim, and while we were at the Rehabilitation Center where Jim is staying, we heard a rumor that Lloyd Carr (former Michigan football coach for those of you who sadly don't know who he is) was visiting a patient. We immediately went on a hunt and low and behold Rick struck up a conversation with him and he was genuinely so nice. He was asking Rick about his major in college, his job and the real estate market in Chicago. I got a quick snapshot of them. Lynne was just as in awe as Rick, and we aren't sure who the random dude in the picture is:
On Saturday morning, we headed out to our tailgate spot (at 10 am mind you... for an 8 pm game). We met some friends to tailgate, and Ash stopped by with her "friend". Fun was had by all despite the rainy and muggy weather, and I even tried to take a quick cat nap in the car to regain some energy. I sipped on my apple cider while the others guzzled their beers.
Unfortunately, Baby Mathews had other plans for the evening and I was not feeling well at all by the time halftime rolled around. For the first time since I was a freshman in college, I had to leave the game early. Though I missed what was probably the most exciting ending to a game in Michigan history, I made it back to the hotel in time to be able to at least catch it on TV.
Rick's voice is gone, we both have a little red on our noses from the splash of sun that peaked through the sky, and we have some Zingerman's candy bars to remind us of Baby M's first Michigan football game.
No comments:
Post a Comment