A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Update

Well, in a few days I will be 30 weeks pregnant. 30 weeks! That means 10 weeks until D-day... which is so hard to believe! Baby M is doing great... he's a real trooper and is incredibly active. I think we have a star athlete on our hands.

At my last doctor's visit, my doctor was a bit concerned about my blood pressure being elevated. I've been monitoring it for a week, and went to see the doc yesterday. Because it's still elevated (though not so high that it's harmful to the baby at this point)... they want to keep a close on eye on us. My doctor is great... of course I was a nervous wreck (which doesn't help my blood pressure!) but she assured me that at this point it's nothing to panic about, and she ordered me to drink more water, eat less sodium and take it easy.  I am scheduled to go into the doc's office more often over the next 10 weeks for monitoring and ultrasounds just to be on the safe side, which means we get to see the little nugget a couple more times on a screen before we meet him face to face. There's always a silver lining, right?


As you would imagine, my husband has been an amazing source of comfort and calm. His brilliant ideas to bring down my BP: He called a cleaning lady and bought me a prenatal massage. A man after my own heart.

And some exciting baby news.... the crib bedding arrived today and I got a phone call that the nursery furniture has all arrived. It will be delivered in two weeks!

So, the Mathews house has officially been declared a sanctuary of calm and peace. Only those willing to contribute to our zen-like environment are welcome. Though, there is someone whose on thin ice with the Zen Police... because coming home to this every afternoon isn't helping my blood pressure much:



Maizey's going through some phase right now that we can't seem to kick. It's too bad she's so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment