This weekend has been blissful. A combination of getting things done, pampering and celebrating. On Friday night, I got to help celebrate this young lady with an impromptu pseudo-bachelorette dinner:
I love those nights when the girls can just get together to eat, drink and be merry. No drama, no chaos... just smiles and laughter filling up a room. We had a blast celebrating Taylor's last weekend of singlehood... and next weekend we'll celebrate her as a beautiful bride!
Then Saturday came. Oh Saturday, how I love thee. The day started early with a wake up call from our new cleaning lady who came to make all my dreams come true. I swear my blood pressure dropped by the hour that she was here. She cleaned every crevice I've been trying to reach for the last couple months but wasn't able to. She put my house back in order, and I am oh-so-grateful to have her in my life!
After running a few hours worth of errands Allie and I met up for a spa afternoon at my new favorite place in Chicago. Seriously it's a mecca, and if you haven't been... you need to go. It was by far the best massage I've ever had... and I've had my share of massages! The table had a hole cut out so I could lay on my stomach which felt so good! Haven't done that in months. We left there feeling like Jell-o and then met up for dinner and a movie later on in the evening. It was a great evening of sister time and a decent chick flick that made Allie weep. Yup, that's right... I said Allie, not me! Do I get a gold star for making it through a movie without crying!?
Today has also started early (thanks, Maizey) but I have a list of items that need to be checked off. Hope your weekend has been just as heavenly :)
No comments:
Post a Comment