A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More Projects!

What have I been up to lately you ask? Well, aside from the craziness of traveling and visitors, transitioning Cam to two naps, and keeping the house running, I've been getting a little crafty again. I can't help it. It's in my blood, and I guess it's my outlet for the built up angst I have thinking about said traveling, visitors, nap transitions and house-keeping.

Pardon the iPhone pictures. I never seem to have the real camera around when I'm in my element. 


Once Cam started sleeping a few months ago, and I found I had some time on my hands, I wrote about wanting to update our bedroom here. With new bedding, new re-purposed drapes, and an early anniversary present (hello new bed!!), the room was really starting to come together. It felt like a retreat for Rick and I, instead of a hideout. Only thing missing was some wall decor. I headed over to Pinterest and saw this. I headed to the craft store, and $13.00 later, our wall was adorned with a daily reminder of what's important in life:




Then came Father's day. After perusing Pinterest for some clever ideas, I decided Rick can never have enough pictures of Campbell in his office. If you ever get a chance to see his office, you'd laugh at the line up of pictures that forms a banner around the walls. It's adorable. So this is what I came up with:






 And finally, after cleaning out Cam's closet (for the millionth time I might add), I decided I needed somewhere to put or display the few hospital items that didn't seem to fit in a baby book before I decluttered and accidentally threw them away. Again, some time on Pinterest led me to the craft store to pick up a shadow box. And now the memories of November 9, 2011 sweetly hang over Cam's changing table for me to look at each day and remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment