Yesterday, I hit the 20 week mark. For most pregnancies, this is the half-way point, but because I will likely be induced between 37-39 weeks (depending if I get pre-eclampsia again or not) that means I am more than halfway done with being pregnant. That's so crazy to me!
I never did "bump-dates" with my first pregnancy. I think I was more self-conscious two years ago. I credit a combination of getting older (I'll be 30 in two months!!) and mothering to my recently acquired attitude of "I-don't-really-care-what-other-people-think." Okay, and a lot of therapy :) So here's my first ever, bump picture on the worldwide web!
Anyway, here's how I'm feeling at the more-than-halfway point:
Due Date: April 2 (expecting to deliver in mid-March though!)
Gender: We will find out on Tuesday! It's so funny because I don't feel like I've been obsessing over this as much as I did the first time. I have no gut feeling, though with Campbell I was 100% certain it was a boy. And I was right. So far, people are 50/50 on their guesses. I'm really excited about the idea of either a brother or sister for Cam for different reasons. I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed on Tuesday and am just praying for a healthy anatomy scan.
Exercise/Weight Gain: I've been really bad at the exercise department. As in none. I walk a ton and picking up Campbell should count as exercise alone. But I'm bad. At my 16 week appt, I had gained total of 5 lbs. We will see what the scale says on Tuesday.
Cravings/Aversions: Not really craving anything. I have been more interested in sandwiches than normal, though. Truthfully, I'm just in the phase where if I overhear someone talk about a baked potato, I MUST have a baked potato. No aversions either, really.
Symptoms: Insomnia. I've been having pregnancy insomnia for a couple of months now. I have no problem falling asleep right away (usually at 9:00 pm!) because I'm so tired. But I wake up in the middle of the night to pee around 1 am and am usually up until 4. I'm also starting to have heartburn. I've heard this is the only true old wives tale (heartburn = lots of hair on the baby!) and Cam was born with a full head of blonde hair so I believe it could be true. We'll see with this little peanut!
Movement: Definitely been feeling the baby moving around for the last two weeks consistently. I thought I felt some movement from the outside about two days ago, but haven't been able to feel that since!
Excited about: Finding out the gender and seeing the baby move around during the anatomy scan!
Anxious about: my blood pressure and the future of this pregnancy. We obviously have a LOT going on in our lives, and being on bed rest is just unimaginable to me right now. Between dealing with a toddler, moving, and some exciting celebrations we have planned in the next few months, I'm just praying my blood pressure stays low and I don't develop any pre-e symptoms.
So there's my first bump date. My therapist would be so proud :)
Good for you for mentioning your therapist! They never get enough credit :)
ReplyDeleteYou look really really fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful!! Praise God for therapy, right??? I am a new person because of it!! Ha! So glad you are feeling well. I will be praying that you are able to sleep better and that your blood pressure will remain balanced! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog! I love following fellow preggos. :) Looking forward to hearing the result of Tuesday's appt!
ReplyDelete