A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's a....

For those of you who follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you already know we found out the gender of Baby #2 yesterday. For those of you who don't...

It's a GIRL!!!!

Honestly, I am still in shock and still wiping away the tears. We are both so excited and so overjoyed there aren't adequate words to really describe how we feel. Luckily, I have some pretty awesome pictures to share that can explain exactly how we are feeling! 

First and foremost, baby is healthy and perfect. My blood pressure remains low and and the doctor was really pleased with how the pregnancy is progressing! We asked the ultrasound tech to put the gender results in an envelope for us, and when we left the doctor's office we drove straight to Baby Gap. We picked out two outfits, one for a boy and one for a girl. We asked a young sales associate to help us by wrapping up the correct outfit for us while we shopped around the store some more. She did her job and came and found us and said, "Okay. All set. I wrapped them both up, that's what you wanted right?!" And we laughed. "No, not exactly" I replied. And I explained that I wanted her to actually open the envelope and see what it says and wrap the corresponding outfit! She finally understood, returned to the checkout counter and wrapped up the outfit and rang us up. We told her to throw out the receipt so we couldn't take a peek at what it said and then we were off to our house! 

Waiting at home were my mom and sisters with Campbell and my niece and nephew. My youngest sister, Ashley, is currently volunteering in Bali and we planned to Skype with her so she could participate in the whole ordeal but when we got home, it wasn't time to Skype with her yet and we just couldn't wait another minute. (We did eventually Skype with her and were able to share the news! It was so cool to talk to her and see her half way around the world!)


So we opened the box. And then this happened...  (Sadly all these pictures are blurry iPhone pictures. But that's just because there was a lot of jumping and screaming!) 





I love this last picture. I hope Baby Girl knows how much love she comes from. 


I haven't stopped smiling since. Honestly, I would have been thrilled with either a girl or boy. I really wanted a brother for Campbell, but I also really wanted to experience the joys of having a daughter. I think the reason I feel so elated and just full of happiness is that up until this point, this pregnancy didn't seem very "real." That sounds terrible, but I just haven't been able to focus on this pregnancy like I did my first. Between chasing a toddler around, buying a house and dealing with other day to day life events, I feel like I've barely thought about this pregnancy and I'm already halfway through it. I have a lot of guilt about that, but let me tell you, Baby Girl, you are SO wanted and SO loved already. I finally feel like this is happening because now I can call the baby she instead of "it". That makes it so real. And so fun. 

I think 2014 is going to be a great year. Chaotic, but amazing. Pardon me while I go browse bows and tutus online now... 

7 comments:

  1. What a precious picture of y'all at the end! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pics!! What an exciting moment. So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a little sister!! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! You are going to have a blast! Shopping for then is so addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Totally get it about the pregnancy not feeling real till you know the gender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - YAY! Such exciting news! And, I LOOOOOVE the way you found out.
    Let the shopping begin for little girls clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a wonderful reveal. I also have a son followed by a daughter (followed by another daughter, but no rush! :)) You will love picking out the dresses and all those adorable shoes!

    ReplyDelete