A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two.

Campbell turned two on Saturday. TWO! It's really hard to wrap my brain around. Two years ago we were in newborn chaos. Back then, I could not have pictured what life would be like with a two year old. Even when I did get a glimpse of what his personality would be like as a baby, I never imagined it to be this fun, this exhausting and full of so much love.

Everyone told me that difficult babies (which Campbell absolutely was!) make for easy toddlers. While I wouldn't call toddlerhood easy, it's definitely better than I expected. Cam is really easy going and super verbal so it makes our lives a lot easier. He doesn't get mad if someone pushes him or takes a toy from him. He only gets really frustrated when he can't figure out a toy or if we tell him he can't do something. And when he gets mad, he either yells, cries, or says, "Campbell sad!" It's hard not to giggle at that.

We went to the doctor yesterday and he weighs 30 lbs 11 oz. (90th percentile) and he is 34.5" tall (50th percentile). The doctor, like me, isn't concerned about his picky eating because he eats something from every group (except meat) and just needs to keep being exposed to new foods. So we will keep offering them and I'm sure he'll keep refusing to touch them. But it's not worth a fight at this point. I'm a big fan of picking my battles. This is one I'm willing to go with the flow on and take his lead. I really don't want to create traumatic memories around the dinner table nor cause eating issues because I made him sit at the table until bedtime so he would eat his meat.

To celebrate Cam's big day, we had two different little parties. Sine last year's Halloween party was such a hit with his friends, I decided to make this year's bash a birthday celebration too. So a few of his buddies came over dressed in their costumes and celebrated our little two-year-old. Here are a few pictures:












On his actual birthday this past Saturday, we had a very fun-filled, family packed day of fun. Rick's mom and my parents both came to town to celebrate. We started the day by opening presents and then headed to the aquarium with my sisters and niece and nephew. We had a blast, and Rick had never been to the Shedd Aquarium before so he really enjoyed it. Cam thought the live show was "too dark" but sat mesmerized through the whole thing anyway. Later in the evening, we had a small pizza party with more presents and cake. 








Cam hasn't stopped singing "Happy Birthday" to himself since. He's also been asking for presents and cupcakes every day, as well (yikes!) Birthdays are a big deal to me and my family always made a big deal of them as we were growing up. I hope Campbell felt as special as we wanted him to feel. It was a really fun weekend!

And just because you know me and how I like to keep it real...


Being two is tough stuff.

1 comment: