A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cam's First Hanukkah!

It's been a hell of a week around here. From a lost wallet, to a breast infection, to Cam starting meds for acid reflux and some very rough nights, I was sure glad to have some holiday cheer to look forward to last night. Unfortunately because of said week, I really didn't prepare the house for the holiday as I have in the past. In fact, when Rick came home last night and we were ready to light the menorah, I realized I didn't even buy Hanukkah candles this year! Luckily we had some left over from last year, and our celebrations began!

Rick came home with a beautiful Hanukkah bouquet of flowers to make this mama feel better after a particularly overwhelming day. 


We lit both our menorahs -- our family menorah and Cam's special menorah from Mimi!



 I put pre-made latkes from Whole Foods in the microwave so we could have SOME taste of the holiday... I have not mastered the whole cooking with a newborn thing yet!


And then we opened presents. Cam opened his present from Mommy and Daddy. You can tell how excited he is in the picture below!


Candy will appreciate this gift. You see, she bought Cam an adorable monkey outfit before he was born. I planned to bring it to the hospital for him to wear as his coming home outfit. But, when I went to put it on him I realized it was a preemie size and even my little 6 pounder was too long for it! I was bummed because I thought it was so cute. Well, I found the outfit and bought this size for Hanukkah because it's just delicious. Monkeys for my little monkey!


Rick opened his gift from me... some new warm gloves for our frigid winters!


And I opened my gift from Rick... a new fancy wallet to replace the one I lost last week.


Here's to hoping the sparkle and cheer of this holiday lasts far beyond the eight days!

No comments:

Post a Comment