A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Month Stats

We had Campbell's one month check up yesterday and he proved to be a super star! Immediately upon seeing Cam, the doctor commented on how big he had gotten! Cam now weighs 10 lbs 6 oz (50th percentile) and is 20 3/4 inches long (25th percentile). I don't remember the exact measurement of his head circumference but it was in the 50th percentile, too!

The doctor was so patient and kind. I had a laundry list of first-time-mom questions and she just listened and reassured us that our baby was perfectly healthy and normal and while we may drive ourselves crazy trying to figure him out or put him on a schedule, there really is nothing we can do at this stage of the game other than survive these first few months. I felt a million times better when we left the office!

One of my major concerns is Cam's hips. His hips are perfect and the doctor has been very pleased with is growth up to this point, but given our family history and Izzy's yucky experience with hip dysplasia, I really wanted to ensure that if Cam were to need any intervention, it would be caught early. So, though the doctor sees no real need for further testing, she and I agreed that we'd both have peace of mind if we did a routine, harmless ultrasound of his hips to be 100% sure that they are as perfect as we think! So, I am in the process of scheduling that appointment for next week!

Finally, poor Cam had to get a shot yesterday. I was NOT prepared for a vaccination at this appointment, but luckily Cam was a rock star. He cried for a bit and once I nursed him for a little comfort for a few minutes he passed out and slept the whole way home. I'm dreading his two-month check up when he'll have another round of shots. Poor guy.


Look at those rolls! :)

After a long appointment, Rick and I left feeling confident that we were doing something right with this kid and couldn't help but smile at the thought of our growing boy! Keep up the good work, Campbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment