A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, December 5, 2011

Flying Solo

Though I've been dreading this day for weeks, it had to come. Mimi had to go back to Austin today, and it was a very teary morning around here. We started our morning at Starbucks where Cam got to meet my barista buddies for the first time! Mimi fed him for the last time and showered him with snuggles and kisses.


After a waterworks show at the departures terminal, Cam and I were off to fend for ourselves.

We did tummy time:

 Clearly not Cam's highlight of the day. 


Then, Cam played with Freddie the Firefly on his playmat: 

He actually grabbed the toy for the first time! 


After all the excitement, Cam took a nap.

In general, today was a good day. I was fussier than he was. I cried more than he did. Luckily, whenever I felt a wave of sadness today, I just looked at this little face and everything seemed alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment