A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, August 13, 2012

Organization Challenge: Week 1

Well, week one of my organizational challenge is complete. Let me tell y'all, I got a LOT done! Below is the short list of the main projects week one called for, though I followed the more detailed plan which involved getting rid of seven items each day and doing a fifteen minute cleaning of various rooms each day. I thought getting rid of seven items every day would be hard, but it was actually the easy part. I'm shocked at how much stuff I was able to part with, and Rick hasn't even complained yet about his missing things!

Day One's Seven 15 Items! I'm an overachiever, so what?!


Week 1
Day 1. Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag.
Day 2. Clean out your refrigerator. There’s a step-by-step guide for cleaning out your refrigerator here.
Day 3. Clean out your freezer. If you need step-by-step help, read this guide on How to Clean Out Your Freezer.
Day 4. Clean out underneath your beds and furniture. Remove clutter and trash and put it away or throw it away. Move the furniture (if possible) and vacuum underneath.
Day 5. Clean your couch. Remove your couch cushions and clean out any crumbs, toys, or other miscellaneous items you find. Use an attachment on your vacuum to vacuum the cushions, underneath the cushions, and all crevices of your furniture. Spot clean the fabric, if needed. 

I did a little extra and cleaned out some closets and drawers that had been giving me nightmares. I organized Cam's dresser and closet. I went through his clothes and reorganized the things I wanted to keep and donated two bags worth of the stuff that I could do without. The trunk of my car is now at capacity with a load of items I am bringing to a local women's shelter.

I also embarked on some DIY projects which I'll post about when I finally put the finishing touches on our living room and decide to reveal the hard work Rick put into building our IKEA items. 

Looking forward to this week's tasks and an upcoming, very much needed vacation this weekend without our little man. It will be the first time we've left the little nugget with someone for a whole weekend. I couldn't be more excited to relax and recharge with Rick, but I'm already missing my little chunky monkey and I haven't even left yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment