A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Organization Challenge

I generally consider myself a clean and tidy person. My floors are always swept, my counters typically cleared. But, I'm starting to suffocate with clutter. I spent Friday's nap time organizing bathroom drawers, scrubbing grout with a toothbrush, and wiping down baseboards and I still felt like I hadn't accomplished much. After a family trip to IKEA yesterday and a re-haul of our family room, I'm feeling overwhelmed with clutter and an itch to Spring Fall Clean.

I try to de-clutter regularly, so you'd think I have a handle on it all, but somehow the papers and toys and clothes and junk just keeps piling up. (It could have something to do with the exorbitant amount of time I spend on Amazon, but that's for a different post!)

It's too overwhelming to tackle it all at once, but I saw this on Pinterest and loved what I read. It's basically a 4 week program to an organized home. I loved the daily projects and the checklist just seems so un-overwhelming. So, I'm starting tomorrow. Day 1 of my four weeks to a more organized home... stay tuned for updates on how it's going! I'm excited... are you!?!?


picture courtesy of moneysavingmom.com

2 comments:

  1. I am going to do this too! Thanks for sharing! 4 years, a dog, two kids and there is stuff piled to the sky around here, it's just all hidden out of sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to see your progress! I'll definitely come to you when I'm feeling overwhelmed or unmotivated.

      Delete