A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pinterest Recipes Success

I've tried a few recipes lately that I thought I'd share because they turned out really well!

First, as a bribe and thank you to my husband for building a bookcase and couch for me last weekend, I made him these Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes I found. Now, I'm not a huge cheesecake fan but I love me some Oreos. Rick picked this one for me to make and it was kind of an annoying recipe only because it made a TON of batter and I didn't end up using it all. If I were to make it again, I'd cut the recipe in half. Mine also took longer than 22 minutes to fully set in the oven.

picture and recipe courtesy of girlwhoateeverything.com


Ingredients:
42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
pinch of salt

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pans with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.

Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving. Best served really cold! You can garnish with fresh whipped cream and crumbled Oreos if desired. 


Rick and I also enjoyed a really yummy summer salad that I found on Pinterest. It's title was Power Salad and it did not dissapoint. Super easy, great ingredients and the dressing was light and simple. I was also able to use roasted corn that we had leftover from the grill the previous night which I think added a kick of flavor! While it isn't a low fat recipe due to the avocado, cheese and pine nuts, you could always swap out those ingredients to make it lower fat. Great recipe. 

picture and recipe courtesy of recipegirl.com
SALAD:
8 cups chopped spinach (1 bag)
1 cup halved cherry or pear tomatoes
1/2 cup corn (frozen, canned, or cut off the cob)
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 large avocado, sliced
1/3 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
DRESSING:
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Place spinach in a large salad bowl. add remaining salad ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss (a little at a time... as much dressing as you desire).


Tonight we're dining out with friends, but I'm hoping to muster the strength to try a few new recipes this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment