A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 104: Be Still My Heart

*Note: Though posted today, 2/15, this was written late last night, but I fell asleep before I could post it :)* 

Today is Valentine's Day. To many, it's just another day. To some, this day brings with it sadness. To me, Valentine's Day brings a lot of love, hope and a reminder to be grateful for the many people who love me and whom I love so dearly.

For the last 27 years, I've had the sweetest Valentine. Every year, my dad would buy my sisters and I flowers and chocolates. He told us each that we were the best Valentines he could have dreamed up. My dad made me feel special and loved. Even when boyfriends and husbands came along, the flowers and Valentine notes continued to come. Just like always, I received flowers from my very first Valentine.

I'm pretty darn lucky that I not only have one fabulous Valentine, but two. Rick and I do a pretty good job of showing affection and appreciation to each other on a regular basis, so Valentine's Day just seems like a good excuse for us to go on a date, drink champagne and eat lots of chocolate. In the past, we've gone out for dinner on Love Day. This year, it seemed silly to dress up on Monday evening and leave the poor pup to fend for herself. So, I cooked up a fancy meal, brought out the crystal and china and chilled some bubbly. There was a lot of love sprinkled into this meal:


Rick came home with a beautiful arrangement of flowers as well as a collection of my favorite perfumes in mini sizes to carry in my purse. All around sweet:


 We ended our night curled up in bed and decided to flood ourselves with memories of the most love-filled day we could both remember. June 27, 2009.


Today was a day full of love. Pure, simple love.

No comments:

Post a Comment