A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 94: Honestly Imperfect

As I was reading through my regular blog list, I stumbled upon this post which also led me to this. I found it strange that the theme of both of these was about revealing your imperfect self and how bloggers who "write blog posts according to what others may think, churn out watered-down versions of themselves. They misrepresent themselves." The two posts struck a chord with me because I often read blogs and think to myself, "damn, she has it all together" or "how does she do it all???" And I must remind myself that in the land of blogging, no one chooses to talk about their horrible sex life or the ten pounds they gained last month.

As I look back at my own 93 days of blogging, it's embarrassingly obvious that the happiness in which I have enjoyed writing about so much isn't truly the whole story to my life. There have been many days in which finding "the happiness" has felt like the kidney stone I passed in 2004. Today, though, happiness for me came in the form of enlightenment. It became clear to me that I really need to be honest with myself and others in the blogging world. Today is about honesty and vulnerability. Today, I choose to celebrate my imperfections and not hide behind them.

Doing this, especially so "publicly" is not something I would have ever been able to do 93 days ago. I honestly feel that this blog has opened doors for me that I never imagined possible. The power of happiness is really remarkable. So without further ado, the truth:

There are days when I don't feel like getting out of bed. I am not productive, nor cheery.
It's really best if you stay away.

My dog isn't always cute and cuddly. Sad, I know.

I look like hell in the morning. And the laundry is not always put away!
(Notice laundry basket in background)


Well hello triple chin!


The junk drawer I can't seem to keep organized or decluttered no matter how hard I try.

Two weeks worth of papers I should have graded two weeks ago.


let's 
encourage, 
inspire and 
remind 
other women 
that none of us have it all together. 
(from capturingmotherhood.blogspot.com)

2 comments: