A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 107: These Shoes Were Made for Walking

I've been watching the weather report for the last few days. So has the rest of Chicago. It was rumored to reach 60 today, and while I don't think it got that toasty, it sure did taste a tad bit like Spring today. The humidity made my hair curl at the ends. The pavement is glistening with melting snow. People are outside!

I've been itching to go on a real walk with Maizey. I can't stand being outside in the cold, so the two of us haven't enjoyed a good stroll together in months. Until today. Though it was cloudy and sticky out, it was the perfect day for a walk because it was bearable to be outside with exposed skin for the first time since November. It felt so good to breathe fresh air and break a little bit of a sweat. Maizey pranced her way through the neighborhood and I swear I saw her smile a couple of times. It was a little taste of the months to come, and I am now more ready than ever to bask in some sunshine and smell some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment