A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, February 28, 2011

Days 109-118: I've Been Bad... Real Bad

It's been an insane couple of weeks, and there's no hiding the fact that I've been a bad blogger. I have already promised myself to let go of the guilt and remember that life is more important than pleasing others Fancy who sends quick emails and texts with an "update the blog please!" So please accept my apologies and prepare for a long updated post:

Last weekend, I was honored enough to co-host an engagement party for my BFF. It was so much fun putting together all the pieces for the night and I had such a blast getting to know all her and Chris's friends from high school, childhood and beyond. It was a night of celebrating love, friendship and the excitement of the future. These friends sure know how to party!


The happy couple :)

Pretty bride-to-be



"Um, don't watch as I pull up my skirt please!"


Ok... party's over people!

The damage...
 The following day was report card writing day. Waking up with a pounding headache and ridiculous stomach ache did not help, so after a couple hours of churning out grades and comments I needed a creative break:

Bar stools before...
Bar stools after...


 And there was lots of puppy lovin'...



Rick left town soon after, which meant Maizey and I were left to fend for ourselves for 6 days. This also meant I would be recruiting the help of friends and family to keep me company during the lonely nights. Luckily, Adrienne and I love an excuse to sleep over together, so she packed her bags and moved in for two days!


We both tried to finish our Book Club book.. didn't happen
The Book Club ladies hadn't gathered in quite some time, but we were back in full force last week! With wine and food and some classy music, the girls swarmed to Adrienne's house for a night of laughs... and man, did we laugh! I had so much fun I only snapped a couple photos... oops! 
The pups got to play during Book Club

We were waiting quite patiently for everyone to show up... but got impatient and started sipping the vino!

Then Fancy came in town! There were Izzy play dates, shopping adventures and sleepovers, too!


 All in all, it's been a whirlwind of a week. There were plenty of moments of happiness sprinkled with stress and exhaustion. Now, I just wait for my prince to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment