A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 93: Snow Day #2

That's right, we had another snow day today! The roads were beginning to clear, but good ol' Glenview thought it be best that the teachers take another day to relax and enjoy the beauty of the white city. And that is just what I did!

Adrienne sent out a mass text around 8:00 am soliciting interested parties in meeting for brunch. My immediate response, "YES please!" Ironically enough, I was the only one who could get my car out today so I played chauffeur. Anyone who knows me well can tell you I have serious anxiety when it comes to driving in the snow, rain, wind, bright sunshine, deep fog...

Let me just say, not only did I kill it (and almost a couple other passers-by) in the winter driving department today, I navigated my way through unplowed streets and snow-covered parking spaces. Does this mean I plan to EVER drive again when it's snowing? NO... I had my fill today. And, that's why I have my personal carpool buddy, of course!

So after brunch, Owen and Maizey had a very long playdate. They jumped and growled and fought over toys. They got jealous when one was getting more lovin' from the Mommas. Hours of playing was followed by a long nap and some loud snoring. The Mommas also enjoyed a cozy nap along with some wine, some smore's, and some cleaning of the bling :)


Tomorrow, we return to work. Thank goodness it's Friday! I really could use a couple days of relaxation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment