A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Friday, July 20, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

I recently read this article discussing how people these days are "crazy busy" all the time. The author's point was that we have created a society where people are "addicted to busyness."

Guilty as charged. I'm pretty sure in my case, it's genetic, but I have a hard time sitting still. Don't get me wrong, when I'm on vacation or I have give myself permission to relax, this chick knows how to de-stress. But, in general, I'm not a fan of hanging around the house doing nothing. Rick couldn't be more opposite, and so I'm convinced Campbell has inherited the Voticky Busy Gene as he does not enjoy staying in one place for too long either. So, we've been busy lately!

We've been cooling off in the pool. I usually plop Cam in our little blow up pool in the late afternoon when we are both so hot from the 100 degree days and we are both a little tired and cranky. Splashing around always cheers this baby up. We have ventured to the public pool with some friends recently, but of course I forgot my camera. (Too busy I guess!)


Cam's also been busy in the eating department! He's pretty much gobbling up anything and everything, and he's getting more and more messy every time he eats. It's almost become a game for him... How Much Food Can I Possibly Get on Myself, My Mom, My Dog, The Floor, etc.!?

Is that not a RICK FACE?!?!

Big boy is loving his Mum Mums!
We've been at My Gym and Bubbles a lot and visiting indoor play places with friends to escape the brutal heat. Again, I seem to be too busy take pictures while we are playing, but I managed to capture Cam riding a teeter-toy yesterday. He was standing up and loving it, and it was the first time he'd done this on his own, so of course I had to document it. Bummer I forgot to take pictures of him playing with his buddies... guess the Mommas were chatting too much. Oops.


Our weekend is full of busyness, too. Cousins Liza and Anthony are here and we are going to meet them at Navy Pier, go to the Children's Museum and meet Izzy and Uncle Hart for dinner tomorrow too! I'll try to remember my camera...

Hope everyone is enjoying their busy summers as well. I can hardly believe it's the middle of July!!


No comments:

Post a Comment