First, I saw a couple of posts about making personalized baby board books. Since Cam's family lives all over the country (and world!) I thought it would be a great idea to make him a book of everyone's faces so that he can start to associate their names and faces. So, I got on Shutterfly (they were having a 50% off deal at the time so I got this for a steal!) and made Campbell's Family Face Book:
The pages have pictures of all the people who he loves so much. The book actually just came in the mail today so he hasn't even had a chance to check it out yet, but I know he's going to love it. Because, well it's a book.
I also have been on a kick to fix up this house. There's really nothing wrong with it, but it's been four years and I'm tired of a lot of our decor and stuff. I've been moving things around and changing out pictures. I've been browsing catalogs and window shopping to get inspiration and of course checking out Pinterest to see what others are up to.
Anthropologie has these really cool zinc letters that run from $20-$98 a piece! They look like this:
I've always thought they were really cool, and then when I saw this on Pinterest, I was inspired:
I purchased a cardboard letter M from the craft store ($4.99) and got metallic spray paint on Amazon ($3.99) and came up with this:
It was so simple, and I think they make great housewarming gifts!
Finally, after coming across this website I was inspired to create a sensory bag for Campbell. I'm a big fan of sensory activities and this website has awesome activity ideas for babies. So definitely check it out if you're looking for some cheap and fun new ways to entertain your baby.
Cam and I went to the dollar store and bought a bottle of hair gel, some small plastic fish and turtles and a bag of marbles. If you haven't been to the dollar store lately, you're missing out. Seriously everything is a dollar. It's not just the title of the store!
When we got home, I poured all the materials into a heavy duty ziploc bag and sealed it with duct tape. Three minutes later...
While he tried to eat it a couple of times because everything goes in the mouth these days, the tough plastic and duct tape held up to his gumming. If you make one, I would definitely supervise your tot.
And, lastly, I have to document this kid's latest trick. He's been rocking on all fours for about a week now. While he's been doing it most often in his crib, he pulled himself up like this today while playing with the sensory bag and was rocking it out.
After a few seconds of rocking, he gets frustrated and tired and ends up like this:
And then he usually rolls onto his back where he's more comfortable.
Today while he was rolling and rocking, and while I happened to have the camera out anyway, he ended up like this:
I have a feeling this kid is going to be on the move soon. I am so not ready for that!



No comments:
Post a Comment