A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nursery Side Table and Master Bed

The little white side table in Cam's nursery is probably a good ten years old. It was my night stand in college and has been getting good use ever since. As I've been trying to spruce up his room, the plain white table was like an eye sore to me. I was in bed last night thinking about this dilemma and realized I had some extra supplies from this previous project. With a little elbow grease, some spray paint for the knob and a lot of love, here's how it came out:


For anyone who is into crafting, I highly recommend using this product to seal any wood, paper or other surfaces you use to craft with. I sprayed it over the entire table to seal the contact paper, and it left a nice sheen on the exposed white parts. It's non-toxic, too!


I've also finally completed my major summer project: our master bedroom. For our anniversary, Rick and I decided not to exchange gifts, but rather purchase something together that we wanted but had been hesitant to buy in the past because it seemed like an unnecessary item. A bed frame. I had my eye on a particular bed, and it looks perfect in our bedroom.





I also played around with the above-the-bed artwork I had created from an earlier project. I decided there needed to be a larger element to anchor the wall, and I think it looks so much better than the three smaller squares alone.





Finally, I really wanted to tie in the yellow, grey and white from the wall decor into the bed. I could NOT find yellow and white throw pillows, but I came across a pillowcase on sale from West Elm and used our old throw pillows from our bed and recovered them with the regular pillow cases. I used a hot glue gun because I can't sew, so they are definitely not professional looking, but I love the stripes and the color so I don't pay attention to the lack of seams. 
 

I'm moving onto our living room next. We are biting the bullet and purchasing a new couch because Maizey has destroyed ours and it's also incredibly old (from Rick's bachelor days!) I'm scouting out ideas for curtains and have an idea for some DIY pillows, too. If you see anything cute or have any ideas for me... send them my way! 


2 comments:

  1. You should try stitch witchery!! Google it!, I do sew but ave still used this for hems and think it could be great for pillows cause it's super thin like tape and wouldn't bulk like hot glue. Your bed is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!! I will look it up ASAP :)

      Delete