Another month has flown by, and today you are eight months old. It's so crazy to think that we only have four more months until you turn the big ONE! Time is really flying, and this month was a busy one!
You have made some big changes this month! You are officially taking two naps now instead of three. You have a great schedule, and it is so wonderful to finally be able to predict when you will want to eat, sleep, and wake up. You typically wake up at 6:30 am (with a shout out to Mommy and Daddy at 5:30 am just so we know you're still in your room), and you go to bed around 7:00 pm.
You will still sleep in the car or on me if we are on the road or need to skip a nap, and I love that you are so flexible. What an angel you are.
You have also completely transitioned to regular formula. No more stinky hypoallergenic stuff. We were pretty sure you would tolerate it well, and it seems like you really are! You've also completely turned a corner in the eating department... we now struggle to get you to finish your bottles because you love to eat your solids so much. Who would have thought!? You will really eat anything we give you, but your favorites by far are sweet potatoes, squash and prunes.
You've also enjoyed chewing on daddy's hat!
This month, you discovered that you can scream. Loudly!
You will stretch your mouth as wide as you can and just make the funniest noise. You really crack me up. You also like making bubbles with your saliva, pulling on your feet, and you almost have clapping down!
You have the BEST laugh. When Daddy or I tickle you, make silly faces at you, or sing silly songs, you crack up. Maizey makes you laugh just by walking by. You laugh so hard you almost can't catch your breath, and it is the sweetest sound ever.
You LOVE your MoJo. If you're ever cranky or sad, I can always count on MoJo to make you feel better. I love that you have attached yourself to something that brings you such comfort.
You also figured out the sippy cup this month. You still like to play with it and chew on it, but you are actually drinking from it, too, which I think makes you look like such a big boy.
Yesterday, you woke up from your nap with a little surprise for Mom and Dad -- your bottom two teeth came through! I haven't gotten a great picture yet, but I will soon.
Because of those teeth and the beginnings of some separation anxiety, you've become quite clingy and attached. You look around often to see your dad or I are around, and you are becoming a little more hesitant to go to strangers. Though sometimes it can be frustrating and I get flashbacks to your newborn days when I couldn't put you down, I secretly think it's really sweet that you want to be close by. I love that you now reach out for me or Daddy to pick you up, and we never pass up an opportunity to snuggle with you!
Campbell, every month just gets better with you. You have developed the sweetest, funniest personality and there really aren't enough words to tell you how much I love you. It's a lot, that is for sure!!
Love always,
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment