A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#26Acts

Have you heard about Ann Curry's tweet #26Acts? She posed the question over the weekend, "what if we all committed to performing acts of kindness to honor the victims of Sandy Hook?" Since then, people have been tweeting and re-tweeting their acts of kindness. I think it's caught on so strongly because we all feel this sense of urgency to do something. To help in some way. I find it inspiring. I'm inspired.

So today, I started my #26Acts. Cam and I left a twenty dollar bill in an envelope that said, "Happy Holidays" on the windshield of a car in the Walgreens parking lot. I don't think it will be hard to get to 26 acts, my brain is racing. But, I want to make them good, so send me your ideas! Or, even better, leave a comment with an act of kindness you performed!

Who knows what will happen in Washington with gun control laws. Who knows if implementing 24-hour hotlines or increasing insurance coverage for mental health issues will prevent another tragedy from happening. But, what if, a movement like this helps just one person off the ledge of isolation and pain? What if our acts of kindness save lives? Now that is inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. I did read about Ann Curry's Acts and I love love this idea. I think it is so important for our children to see us, the parents, living out acts of kindness like this on a regular basis. I would hope that it will instill a sense of love, compassion and giving in their hearts.

    ReplyDelete