For those of you who want to help but maybe don't have the time or your brain is too fried to think of ideas, I have an opportunity for you! I'm teaming up with my friend Rachel to put together new baby baskets for teen moms in Chicago through the Pregnant and Parenting Teens Program of the Night Ministry. This 8-bed, 8-crib shelter is the only place in Chicago that reaches pregnant teens as young as 14 years old. You can click on the link to the Night Ministry to get more details, but they ask volunteers to donate New Baby Welcome Baskets containing the following items:
8 oz. Baby Bottle
Bottle Brush
Pacifiers
Rattle
Baby Oil (not lotion)
Diaper Rash Cream
Petroleum Jelly
Baby Bib
Baby Book
Baby Towel
Sleeper or Onesie
Booties & Hat Set
Receiving Blanket
Baby Bath Tub
Diapers (sizes 4 & 5)
Diaper Bag
Campbell and I are going to be collecting these items and taking them over to Rachel's house where we will compile the baskets and bring them over to the Night Ministry. Please note they ask for NEW and UNUSED items only.
You can help in a few ways:
1) If you live in Chicago and want to drop off items to my house (contact me if you don't know my address) I will be accepting them up until January 1 at which point I'll take them all over to Rachel's and we'll start assembling!
2) If you don't want to shop or don't live nearby, you can send me money via PayPal or gift cards and I'll shop for you!
3) Send me coupons you have for any stores (Target, Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby, etc.) to help me purchase more items! If you get snail mail or emails with coupons I could use, I'd be so grateful!
I am so excited to be a part of this amazing project. I remember the fears and anxiety I had bringing tiny little Cam home so many months ago. I can't imagine doing it without the love and support of my family, and my heart breaks for these teens. Any mom can relate and I know this will make such an impact on these moms and sweet babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment