A Dose of Happiness

A Dose of Happiness

Monday, December 10, 2012

Hanukkah Hoopla

Well, we are in full swing of Hanukkah celebrations over here. Kind of like I mentioned back here about Halloween, the same holds true for Hanukkah... it's just so much more fun with a kid. Now, I've always loved the holidays like most people because of the music, lights, great food and friends/family gatherings, but something about having a kid to celebrate this magical time with makes it, well, magical.


We kicked off the first night of Hanukkah on Saturday with the Passmans and Desais. They came over to light candles, open presents and eat my first batch of homemade latkes ever! While my house still smells like latkes and there is still remnants of oil splattered on the stove, I'd say they were a success and I was very proud of how they turned out!


The kids opened presents and the adults sipped on some wine, and it was a jolly time all around.


 


 




So hard to believe this was last year:



Then, last night, we headed over to the Johnson's for a Vodka and Latke party with a couple of Cam's buddies. Lindsay put out quite a spread, and the boys had a hoot playing with each other.







And, lastly, Cam hit a major milestone this weekend and gave his parents a very special Hanukkah present. He took his first steps! He has taken a total of two steps together so far, but the only video I've been able to capture is of him taking one:


He turned thirteen months old yesterday, so we had a lot to celebrate. Hope everyone is having a happy start to their holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment